Sunday, February 10, 2013

Forty-Sixth : Munchkins

I've decided that my titles are all boring, so I'll start using random ones as titles, as shown above. XP
So I visited my relatives (and my work boss), and collected all my ang paos, today. Didn't check what I got, because I never get to keep anything anyway.
Did my first IELTS trial. It's not hard, really. Tricky, yeah, but I think that the UNSW ICAS EAA English exams are a tougher. You were right, person who scored 8.5...
Other than that, I had a really boring day. So I shall quote Homer.
Oh yeah, good luck, again, Isabel. I shall pray for you.
Bid the suitors take themselves off, each to his own place, and if your mother's mind is set on marrying again, let her go back to her father, who will find her a husband and provide her with all the marriage gifts that so dear a daughter may expect. As for yourself, let me prevail upon you to take the best ship you can get, with a crew of twenty men, and go in quest of your father who has so long been missing.
~ Homer's "The Odyssey" ~
Basically, I think he's asking you to solve your own problems before you help others do so. Although, I may be oversimplifying things a little bit, it IS sound advice.

Danial Fact #48 : I enjoy learning history, because it is one thing I can do that is closest to time travel.
Danial Fact #49 : I believe that taking a picture is like freezing a moment in time, because no act can ever be repeated exactly. The reason for my love of photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment