Monday, June 24, 2013

Hundred-And-Sixty-Ninth : Holy SHTI.

Yeah, I've been working this past week in a hospital, and the hotel I stayed in HAD NO INTERNET. WHAT. THE. HECK.

  • 15th. Can't remember much anymore. I said I'd tell you, but really, all I had was a haircut.
  • 16th. Had lunch with grandparents, and Calan, and the family at RLC. I drove to Subang Airport. We bought some Mars chocolates there, which had Malteser-like tastes. Checked in, and flew to Penang. The left rotor started late, which was CREEPIE. We got Ngan Yin salted peanuts. I love salted peanuts. :D Took out my camera to take pictures. But... The battery was in my suitcase. The heck. We touched down, and did the usual collecting, and I bought a 1M'sia taxi ticket for RM44.70. SO expensive. Saw a car turned turtle on the road, hahahha Penang, Penang. The deposit at Georgetown City hotel was RM100. For dinner, ate my packed dinner <3 This is my first time away from home without parents. Whooooo less scolding for me.
  • 17th. Uncle Jude sent us to LSC, where we were given the tour by Lillian, after registering at the HR Dept., after getting shown to the OT area. That day, was my lab shift, while Jo did Physio. The lab was pretty much the same as Young and Newton's, but it was more automated. Microbiology, Chem, Urology and Haem was more advanced. I had lunch at Uncle Jude's room - he bought us some nasi lemak. After work, I had kopi-o (my first at a mamak) with Uncle Jude at the nasi kandar place near the Northam. Got a coupla Zapples too. Fetched Jo after his shift ended, and went to freshen up at the hotel. Uncle Jude managed to get us a place at some talk by a Professor Stephan at the Macalister Mansion. He brought us with Dr. Chua, for the talk, Pain : Perception or Reality?, which was basically saying that some pain is fake, and painkillers can kill, and cox-2 inhibitors are better than NSAIDS and non-selective cox inhibitors. The dinner was worth RM150. Wow. We got some salmon salad, shrimp crab soup, mango sorbet 'mouthwash', cod entrĂ©e, chocolate with vanilla mousse, and some finger foods. The portion - small. I have no idea how it was worth RM150. I can't live with fine dining, I tell you.
  • 18th. I lepaked at U. Jude's room, and went to see Dr. Goh Eng Leong, Cardiologist and Physician. Sadly, he was doing his rounds... So I had to wait for him. During clinical, 90% of his patients spoke hokkien, but one old couple spoke serious English. Sigh. Old school is still great. I skipped lunch, and after doing ward rounds (which were tiring), I went to the OT to see an operation by Mister Soon Chee Kian, whom my bro was tagging. He removed a titanium plate from the fibula, and some spur debris from behind the Achilles tendon. I swear, operations have so little blood as compared to movie nonsense. -.- He made a mistake with the anchor sutures at the tendon, so we spent from 6.30 to 10, just for the two ops. I have great respect for the nurse assisting him. I forget what they are called, but she stood the whole time he did both ops, including three more before I arrived. Dayum man. Had dinner at Bella Italia.
  • 19th. I went to the surgical wards to meet with Mister Soon. After ward rounds, we went for clinical consultation. I went for lunch at the Auditorium for a talk by Dr. Kazem. Hahahaha he sounded JUST like Borat. Left straight after the talk, to see an angiogram by Dr. Goh at the CATH lab, but he and Jo were having their lunch break. When they finally came and started, I realised I'd left my watch at the Surau.$%^&. Luckily I didn't miss much, other than the radial artery being too small for the catheter. They ended up having to use the femoral artery. After more consultation, I went for OT with Uncle Jude, who was on call. Dr. Goh Eng Tat was a funny guy, but he didn't let me go too near his op table. The hip replacement, was needed, due to the femur and hip bones joining together.  After Jo came, I got to see a bit of a spinal surgery. but they were already in the stitching up stage. Sigh. We went to the hotel to reregister our rooms, and had dinner at some famour mutton soup mamak place. Went for a walk at Straights Quay, then back to the hotel. :)
  • 20th. Physio attachment. Mr Ooi's ward rounds were tiring, and by the time I reached the physio dept. to work with Mr. Raj, my feet were dying. After that, we went back to the hotel, then to Queensbay, for dinner at TGIF. U. Jude kept going down the wrong road. The Cowboy Triple Meat Burger was good, and to repay for this and yesterday's dinner, treated him to a Mocha Flavour Twist Ice Cream at McD's. Hahaha he insisted on RM1 per meal, but this was only RM1.50. Had a sundae meself. Queensbay is quite big and spacious. A nicer atmosphere than MidValley.
  • 21st. PGH today. After he dropped us off at the place, he had to turn back, 'cos I left my transcripts in his car. Went to the admin building, waited for processiong. Went to the cardiovascular clinic, and waited again, until I nodded off. Luckily I woke up before Dato' Hamzah arrived. He took us around, and Dr. Lam joined us for a while. The general wards are like freakin' refuge camps. We went for OT, and saw a cabbage, and a lung biopsy. Dr. Harold mentored us for clinical, and he was as lazy as can be. An Ireland grand, from PMC, he had a terrible accent. He didn't wash his hands between patients. After that, we waited. AGAIN. So I nodded off, and was woken by Jo with Dato' there, ahahaha... He drove us to the mosque, and I had to use my hotel slippers... Sigh. Khutbah was better than in KL. He drove us back, and took us to see a trachiostomy. Then, he asked us to lepak in his room while waiting for U. Jude. Man, Hamzah's driving is crazy, compared to his slow, regal, 'imma boss' walk. We went back to the hotel, and had the oriental buffet for dinner with U. Jude. Only RM25. Wow. Plus, Berjaya members get extra discount. The family arrived, and they came down late, so they only had ala carte. Which wasn't that bad either.
  • 22nd. Gave layer caked to the lab, the CATH lab, and OT Dept, chocs to Joel and a cake to Mister Soon. Mister Thomas said I have 25 short, and 75 astig, in my right eye. I knew it. It's always been harder to focus my right eye. Passed the cakes to HR and Ms Boo, and Dr. Mary. She talked to us a bit, and Bernice was mentioned. Had to give chocs to the matron to pass to Hasnah and Lillian. Aunty Wah wanted to meet, :( , so we asked her to come to the new wing. Mom made me look for her at the old wing, but it turned out that she was in the wrong hospital. ._. She took us to some briyani place, which was really hot. Back at the hotel, the room service still hadn't cleared up, so we went to U. Jude's place. I watched some tv - Person of Interest. Good series. Pa and U. Jude got some meds at a pharmacy, and came back, then went to get dinner. :) Mom and Tash went to see Aunt Wah who took them shopping. Dinner arrived, so we waited for Tash and Mom. When they arrived, Aunty Wah decided to pop in uninvited. I just hate that. Seriously, the Lee family girls are so shameless. Nasi kandar from that place near the Northam had changed in flavour, so I assumed a change in staff too. :/ I continued watching tv until late night. :D Ahhh.
The end. I'm too lazy to do yesterday's nonsense. Wait for it later, maybe. Byeeeee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment