Bad, good, bad, good. I think... The realisation that life was going to become boring again temporarily disabled my neurones at the end of last year. Oh well. Dans set to default values.
On the 7th of January, we went to Johor for my first medical interview at NUMed... It went fine, and we received an offer the next day. I rejected them 6 weeks later, because the place is too dead. In 5 years, it might be okay, but now? It's a deadland.
The next one was at Singapore, on the 18th, for Queen Mary's. Mom and I flew down there the day itself, and returned the day itself. After the interview, we met with Auntie Jeannie and had Nandos for lunch. Then she took us in her Mini (one of my dream cars!) for dessert at B&J's. Then we took the MRT back to the airport. Urgh. Sometimes, public transport is tedious.
The next interview was at IMU, but I can't remember the date. I haven't received an offer from them yet, but I think I'll consider them my backup...
The next two happened on two consecutive days, the 18th and 19th of February, for Nottingham and Manchester. Manchester rejected me... But I'm hoping that Nottingham won't.
With scores like ABBB, I can't expect anything, but Imperial gave me an offer for BioMed, AAAC (WTH?), and rejected me for Med.
All in all, my best hopes are really just IMU and Queen Mary's. I'm honestly hoping that QM reject me for Med, and instead ask me to try for BioMed. If only time would twist to my thoughts, and allow me to wallop my old self into studying, if only a bit more for each subject. Chemistry was 85, which I consider ridiculous, with Maths and Physics at 77, and Bio at 71. Which meant I got 57 for A2 Bio... Sigh? Fate has me here, so here I'll stand my ground, and retake those three bloody subjects. Thunk.
We had our reunion dinner for Chinese New Year three days later, due to... Moody grandaunties. Or something like that.
Jo started driving recently. Mom's B-day was typically normal, as she likes it to be. We celebrated Grandpa's B-day at the ChicRiceShop @ eCurve, with Uncle Sham and Auntie (Risna?). Sigh. I really think he should stop it, with relationships. He's just gonna hurt more people. Anyway, yeah, so, he came back for a while, on a Friday, and left the next Wednesday. Which was the 26th. What else... Well, nothing much left to say, I think.
Jo started driving recently. Mom's B-day was typically normal, as she likes it to be. We celebrated Grandpa's B-day at the ChicRiceShop @ eCurve, with Uncle Sham and Auntie (Risna?). Sigh. I really think he should stop it, with relationships. He's just gonna hurt more people. Anyway, yeah, so, he came back for a while, on a Friday, and left the next Wednesday. Which was the 26th. What else... Well, nothing much left to say, I think.
Overall, life has been really boring, and I've been... Vegetating, here, in my room. Sandra rejected me as a penpal. Kimmy's gone back to Korea, so YAY, I have a penpal there. I'll write to you later. And if there's anyone out there... A stranger like me, who wants to try being old school, I wouldn't mind writing to you. It's just magical, these letters. Sending them makes the recipient happy. And happiness is cool. Huh wat Hakim stop blabbing already.
Fine. Ttys,
Danial Hakim
Fine. Ttys,
Danial Hakim
No comments:
Post a Comment